Allegiant Air is an airline that offers flights to more than 100 destinations in the United States of America. It was founded in 1997 and is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada. Allegiant Air offers service to many destinations within the U.S., including the Hawaiian Islands, the Bahamas, Mexico, Costa Rica, Central America and Europe.
There are restrictions on how much luggage you can bring with you on your flight with Allegiant Air.
Just like other airlines, Allegiant Air has a bag weight limit and restrictions in place on what you can take with you, both as carry-on luggage and personal items, and hold luggage. Allegiant Air is similar to other airlines in their restrictions but it is important to realize what they are so you do not encounter unwelcome surprises when boarding the plane.
Carry on and personal items
- Each passenger is allowed to bring one free personal item on board the plane. This personal item can be a briefcase, purse or small backpack and must be able to be stored completely in the seat in front of you. The maximum dimension of the personal item for flying with Allegiant Air is 7 x 15 x 16 inches (17,6 x 38,1 x 40,6 cm).
- You are allowed to purchase a carry-on bag such as a rolling duffle bag, or garment bag, which must be able to fit in the overhead compartment. The maximum size for this bag is 9 x 14 x 22 inches ( 22,9 x 35,6 x 55×9 cm). It is important to know that this includes any items sticking out of the bag, so you need to make sure everything fits. Additionally, all measurements are made including wheels and handles.
- You are allowed to purchase up to 4 checked bags. For Allegiant Air, these bags have certain weight limits and restrictions. Each checked bag is allowed to weigh up to 40 pounds (18 kilos). The maximum size of the bag is 80 inches (203 cm) in height + width + length. If these dimensions and weight limits are exceeded, additional charges will apply. As such, it is important to measure the dimensions of both your carry-on bag and checked bags before going to the airport. Odd-sized luggage such as sporting equipment that exceeds the weight limit or maximum dimension will also be subject to additional charges.
There are some additional items that can be brought on board without additional charges:
- One diaper bag
- One item of reading material (fx. Book or magazine)
- An umbrella
- A jacket or coat
- One bag with duty-free merchandise purchased at the airport
- Mobility aids such as walkers, canes, crutches, strollers, and wheelchairs
- Food that is intended for immediate consumption
In regards what you are allowed to bring on the plane, Allegiant Air has to adhere to the guidelines set by the TSA. The TSA has a list of items and whether they are allowed on the plane or not, including limits on the amount of liquid and what type of identification you need to present.
Allegiant Air bag weight limit and restrictions
In general, the Allegiant Air bag weight limits and restrictions are similar to other airlines. As such, it is advisable to make sure that you purchase luggage that complies to general airline travel. If you want to double check the most current weight limits an restrictions, visit the Allegiant Air website.
In conclusion, passengers are advised to use caution when packing anything over the Allegiant Air weight limit.
Passengers are advised to use caution when packing anything over the Allegiant Air weight limit in order to avoid being asked to pay additional fees at the check-in counter. If you have any questions, please contact Allegiant Air directly.